In order to collect firewood from the Perth hills collection zones, we require that you understand the regulations, as set out in the information sheet.
- Download the Information Sheet
- Download your map of choice (related to your permit selection)
- Visit the Collecting firewood for personal use | Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (dbca.wa.gov.au) and Firewood permit page (once you understand the regulations)
Fill in the form details
- Add the collectors name
- Add vehicle make & model
- Add vehicle registration
- Select if it is a Disease Risk Area (DRA)
- If you agree to the terms & have read the Information sheet select I agree
- Select season/location (*conditions apply)
- - Visit the checkout and purchase, you'll receive two emails:
- Your downloads are ready: This contains a link to download a map related to your purchase
- Order #xxxx confirmed: This will contain all information regarding your purchase, as well as a link to download your actual Permit.
- Check your email for the Order Confirmation from WA Naturally
- Select/Follow the link to download your Firewood Permit
alternatively, visit your account page (if you created one) > select your order, and select the link to download your permit.
- Print your permit out, sign and have it with you when you enter the firewood gathering location
(Note: You must also sign this form AFTER collection)
Expiration & Season
Permits must be used within Four weeks of the expiry date—or by the end of the season if that is less then four weeks away.
- Summer season (1 November to 30 April)
- Winter season (1 May to 31 October)
DRY WEATHER, NO SOIL MOVEMENT ACCESS ONLY
Authority Number: Perth Hills District 1495
The holder of this authority is permitted to take the nominated vehicle described into DRA, for the sole purpose of collecting firewood.
CONDITIONS FOR THE PERMIT TO ENTER DRA
- No vehicle is to enter DRA forest during or for three days following rain. if in doubt on enter restrictions, contact your nearest Department of Parks and Wildlife office prior to entry for approval.
- Vehicles must be clean, and free of soil and plant material on entering DRA.
- Permit holder must not travel on any roads or tracks within DRA other than those indicated on the attached map.
- Vehicles must not travel off roads or designated tracks. Wheelbarrows are to be used to cart firewood through the bush to the vehicle.
- This permit must be carried when in DRA and applies only to the vehicles listed on the permit.
Having trouble with your purchase? please fill in the support form.